If you have been hurt in a car accident with a truck, contact Munley Law for a free case evaluation
If your car is hit by a truck, you may be facing physical, emotional, and financial distress. This is no ordinary car accident. Truck-car accidents present a unique set of challenges that most car accident lawyers aren’t equipped to handle. This is what sets Munley Law apart. For more than 55 years, the truck and car accident lawyers at Munley Law have fought for car and truck accident victims across Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and nationwide. We have been named among the Best Lawyers in America, and have earned the highest peer and client ratings from Martindale-Hubbell. Most importantly, we get results. Chat live, email us, or call (855) 866-5529 for a consultation, free of charge.
Why are Truck-Car Accidents So Devastating?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 500,000 large trucks are involved in traffic accidents in the United States every year. Approximately 5,000 of these accidents involving tractor trailers result in fatalities. In fact, one of every eight traffic fatalities involves a collision with a large truck. Passengers in cars and smaller vehicles account for most of the deaths; truck drivers usually remain uninjured.
The average automobile weighs approximately 3,000 pounds, while a typical, fully-loaded large commercial truck can weigh 80,000 pounds or more. While statistics show that truck drivers are generally more careful on the road than other drivers, collisions caused by a trucker’s negligence can lead to the most catastrophic injuries on the road.
A truck-car accident can leave victims with long-term or even life-altering injuries. You may not be able to perform your job duties the way you used to. You may require months or years of medical treatment and therapy. A car-truck accident lawyer at Munley Law can help retrieve compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What To Do If You Are In A Truck-Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident with a truck, follow these steps:
- Do not sign anything given to you by an insurance company without consulting us, first. Insurance companies do not always represent your interests. Even if you’re badly injured, you may have to sue to obtain the money to which you are entitled.
- Get appropriate medical treatment. Take photographs of your visible injuries at the hospital, or when you get home.
- Keep track of all expenses related to your injury, including prescription receipts, medical bills, and therapy sessions.
- Keep an ongoing, detailed list of all health care providers and facilities that you see to help you cope with your injuries.
- Follow all treatment instructions and keep all scheduled appointments with your doctors and therapists to document your active cooperation with the healing and rehabilitation process.
Why You Need A Truck and Car Accident Lawyer
Munley Law has consistently been named to the Best Lawyers in America and have received the highest peer review ratings possible from Martindale Hubbell. Additionally, we have achieved some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the country for our clients. Our expert car and truck accident attorneys collaborate on our cases, so you will have the benefit of having our entire legal team working on your behalf. If you are injured and unable to travel, we will travel to meet you wherever you are located.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a trucking accident in Pennsylvania, New York, or New Jersey, call us today or use our online contact form. We will provide you with a FREE consultation and help you decide how to proceed after your accident.