Maximize your compensation with a Pittsburgh pedestrian accident lawyer who will fight for you
Every day, drivers hit innocent pedestrians in Allegheny County, causing life-changing injuries and deaths. In fact, the National Safety Council (NSC) reports that just last year, drivers killed 7,680 pedestrians. The NSC’s Pedestrian Injury Facts report further shows that pedestrians make up 17.2% of all traffic deaths. If a car or truck hit you or someone you love while walking, then you need a Pittsburgh pedestrian accident lawyer who will stop at nothing. Get the maximum compensation for your injuries and the hold responsible parties accountable with the nation’s leading lawyers at Munley Law. Schedule your free consultation right away.
The Nation’s Best Personal Injury Lawyers Are in Pittsburgh
Founded in 1959, Munley Law is widely recognized as one of the leading personal injury law firms in Pennsylvania and nationwide. Over and over again, our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers develop cutting edge techniques that win MILLIONs for catastrophic collision victims and their loved ones. When a Pittsburgh pedestrian accident attorney from Munley Law represents you, an entire team of award-winning lawyers, paralegals, and experts is in your corner. Additionally, you can relax knowing that we will make you this iron-clad promise:
- We’ll use every tool and resource at our disposal to win big for you.
- We will always act ethically, professionally, and honestly when representing you.
- If you don’t get paid for your injuries, neither will we. Plus, we will pay all of the costs of fighting your case out of our own pockets.
- Your best interests will drive everything we do.
- We will always keep you up-to-date about the status of your case and we will communicate all settlement offers right away.
- Absolutely no one will work harder for you than your Munley Law pedestrian accident team.
Pittsburgh pedestrian accident FAQs
Get an award-winning Pittsburgh pedestrian accident lawyer to answer all of your questions at no cost. To schedule your free consultation, call, chat, text, or email us today.
Q: Why do I need a pedestrian crash lawyer to represent me in my case?
Sadly, many collision victims fail to realize how important it is to have good legal representation. Many hire bad lawyers. As a result, they lose their cases or get far less compensation than they deserve. Other victims underestimate the complexity Pennsylvania accident law. Consequently, they get stuck trying to learn the law, fight their case, and recover from their serious injuries…all at the same time.
Don’t make these mistakes. On average, Pedestrian accident victims with legal representation win 3x the compensation amount as those who try to handle their cases alone. If you hire one of the nation’s leading personal injury lawyers from Munley Law, the numbers will likely be even higher. To get you the award you deserve, our award-winning team will:
- Investigate your crash and injuries
- Track down and interview accident witnesses
- Gather documents and reports
- Identify, interview, and hire a team experts
- Research the law
- Craft a negotiating strategy and negotiate a major settlement
- Identify the best place to file your case
- Write and file your legal complaint
- Prepare witnesses evidence for trial
- Author and litigate pre-trial motions to give you the best chance of winning your trial
- Select a jury who will understand why you deserve to win
- Write and deliver opening and closing arguments
- Direct and cross examine lay and expert witnesses
- Win the monetary award you deserve
To speak with one of our Pittsburgh pedestrian accident lawyers, schedule your free consultation today.
Q: How can I avoid pedestrian accidents?
- Avoid or pay extra attention while walking in cities. The NSC reports that 79.18% of fatal pedestrian crashes occurred in urban areas.
- Be mindful when walking in high-accident areas. 25.47% of walkers were killed while crossing an intersection. Other high-problem locations include streets, parking lots, and driveways.
- Whenever possible, walk on well-lit streets and roads during the daytime. Lighting conditions have a surprisingly big impact on pedestrian accidents. More than 75% of deadly pedestrian crashes occurred after dark. Additionally, another 5% of walkers died when lighting conditions were poor, at dusk or dawn. All in all, only 20% of fatal pedestrian collisions happened during the day.
Q: How much time do I have to file my pedestrian crash case in a Pittsburgh court?
By law, Pennsylvania (and all states) sets time limits for filing a lawsuit called “statutes of limitations.” Different kinds of cases have different statutes of limitations, and the way courts measure those statutes of limitations depends on the kind of case as well. In Pennsylvania, most pedestrian accident cases are personal injury cases. If the victim died from their injuries, then the case may also be a wrongful death lawsuit.
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Pennsylvania
When the case includes personal injury claims, the statute of limitations is 2 years. The “clock” counting down the 2 years begins on the date of the accident.
Time limits for Pennsylvania wrongful death cases
Similarly, Pennsylvania’s wrongful death statute of limitations is also 2 years. However, there is an important difference between the way that wrongful death statute of limitations are counted. Unlike personal injury claims, the 2-year period for wrongful death lawsuits begins on the date the victim died. Accordingly, if the victim dies on the date of the accident, the statute of limitations for the personal injury and wrongful death claims is the same: 2 years from the accident date. However, if a pedestrian survives the accident but later dies from the injuries or complications, the statute of limitations for the personal injury and wrongful death claims will be different dates.
To maximize your compensation, contact a pedestrian accident lawyer right away
We know that there is a lot happening after an accident and that 2 years sounds like a long time. However, to maximize the amount of money you will be paid, there is a ton of work to do. Give your lawyer the best chance to recover maximum compensation for you by giving him or her enough time to prepare a winning case. To get your case started, speak to an award-winning Pittsburgh pedestrian accident lawyer from Munley Law for free today.
Q: Who should I pick to represent me in my Pittsburgh pedestrian accident case?
Who you pick matters. Let the nation’s leading personal injury law firm show you why.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers win big and win often.
You have lots of options when choosing an accident lawyer, but there is only one Munley Law. Unlike other law firms, we won’t waste your time telling you how great we think we are. Instead, we’ll let our client testimonials and our major client victories speak for themselves. Join the ever-growing list of Munley Law pedestrian accident clients who win millions. Contact us today.
If you don’t get paid for your injuries, then neither will we.
At Munley Law, we only deliver the highest quality of legal representation for pedestrian accident victims. In fact, we mean this so sincerely, that we will put our money where our mouth is. Under our “contingency fee” model, we promise that if we fail to negotiate a settlement you approve of or win you an award at trial, then we won’t get paid a penny. As an added bonus, rest assured that we will never send you a bill while we are fighting your case. On the contrary, we will pay all of the costs of taking on your case to WIN out of our own pocket. At the end, we’ll simply deduct this amount from your winning settlement or jury award. And if you don’t get paid, you’ll walk away owing us absolutely nothing.
See the difference a pedestrian accident lawyer from Munley Law makes in your Pittsburgh case. Schedule your free consultation right away.