Were You Injured in a Bicycle Accident? Our Scranton Bike Accident Attorney Can Help
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Scranton, Pennsylvania, it’s important to seek legal representation from an experienced Scranton personal injury lawyer who can help you navigate the complex legal system.
At Munley Law, our team of skilled Scranton bicycle accident lawyers has over 60 years of experience handling bicycle accident cases and other personal injury claims. We know how to fight for the rights of injured individuals. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a serious bicycle accident can take on you and your family. And we are committed to helping you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you need a bicycle accident lawyer in Scranton, contact Munley Law today for a free consultation.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Pennsylvania?
Bicycle accidents are unfortunately all too common in Pennsylvania. According to data from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were 821 reported bicycle accidents in Pennsylvania in 2020. These accidents resulted in 799 injuries and 22 fatalities.
Many of these accidents are caused by driver negligence, such as failing to yield to bicyclists or driving while distracted. At Munley Law, we are dedicated to holding negligent drivers accountable for their actions. There are many factors that can contribute to bicycle accidents in Pennsylvania, including:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are using their cell phones, eating, or engaging in other distracting behaviors may fail to see bicyclists.
- Failure to yield: Drivers who do not yield the right of way to bicyclists at intersections, crosswalks, or other locations can cause serious accidents.
- Unsafe passing: Drivers who pass too closely to bicyclists or attempt to pass when it is not safe to do so can cause collisions.
- Dooring: Drivers and passengers who open their car doors without checking for bicyclists can cause bicyclists to collide with the door.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris, and other hazards on the road can cause bicyclists to lose control and crash.
- DUI: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol may have impaired judgment and reaction times, putting cyclists at risk.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in a Bicycle Accident?
Bicycle accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be life-changing. Common types of injuries suffered by bicycle accident victims in Pennsylvania include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Head injuries are a common result of bicycle accidents and can range from mild concussions to severe TBIs.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries can cause paralysis or loss of sensation and can require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
- Broken bones: Fractures of the arms, legs, ribs, and other bones are common in bicycle accidents and can take weeks or even months to heal.
- Soft tissue injuries: These injuries, such as sprains, strains, and bruises, can cause significant pain and limit a person’s mobility.
- Road rash: When a person is thrown from their bicycle, they can suffer abrasions and lacerations from sliding across the pavement. This kind of injury is often referred to as “road rash.”
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma to the chest or abdomen can cause internal bleeding or damage to organs.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Pennsylvania, it’s important to seek medical attention right away. Then, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you get the compensation you need to recover. The attorneys at Munley Law are here to help.
What Kinds of Compensation Can a Victim Receive After a Bicycle Accident in Scranton?
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Pennsylvania due to the negligence of another party, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. This can include:
- Medical expenses: This can include the cost of emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and any other necessary medical care related to your injuries.
- Lost wages: If you had to miss work as a result of your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for the wages you lost. You may also be able to recover for future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: This can include physical pain, emotional distress, and a reduced quality of life as a result of your injuries.
- Property damage: If your bicycle or other property was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
Why Choose a Lawyer from Munley Law for your Bicycle Accident Claim in Scranton?
Our team at Munley Law has a deep understanding of the unique challenges that bicycle accident victims face. We know that accidents involving bicycles can often result in devastating injuries. Our bicycle accident lawyers have the knowledge, skills, and resources to thoroughly investigate your case, determine liability, and pursue the maximum compensation for you.
Our attorneys also have a proven track record of helping bicycle accident victims recover the compensation they deserve. When you hire Munley Law, you know that you are getting a team of knowledgeable attorneys who will fight for you. Plus, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Scranton, contact us today for a free consultation.
accident lawyers birth injuries car accidents bike accident accidents accidents accidents firm firm firm firm firm case case case case case vehicle vehicle vehicle vehicle vehicle cyclists cyclists cyclists cyclists cycling cycling cycling cycling cycling legal legal crimes crimes law firm law firm law firm party helmet helmet helmet vehicles vehicles vehicles results safety safety road road road cyclist cyclist cyclist cyclist phone
Scranton Bicycle Accident Lawyer – Personal Injury Scranton Bicycle Accident Practice Areas Accident Lawyers. Munley Law
Scranton Bicycle Accident Lawyer – Personal Injury Scranton Bicycle Accident Accident Lawyers.
Scranton Practice Areas
227 Penn Ave,
Scranton, PA 18503