Head-On Auto Accidents in Scranton PA
Head-on collisions in Scranton and the surrounding areas are some of the most serious motor vehicle accidents on the roads. If you’ve been involved in a head-on auto accident, you need a skilled Scranton car accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve. At Munley Law, we’re an experienced personal injury law firm in Scranton that can help you get the justice you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
How a Lawyer Can Help You After a Head-On Car Accident?
In 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation recorded 4,780 head-on collisions in the state. If you’ve been injured in a head-on collision, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
A head-on collision lawyer can help you by:
- Investigating the auto accident to determine who was at fault
- Explaining your legal options
- Negotiating with the insurance company to get you the best possible settlement
- Helping you understand the legal process and prepare for court
- Advocating for your rights and protecting you from any unfair tactics
- Representing you in court if necessary
What Are the Qualities of the Best Car Accident Lawyers?
When you’re looking for a head-on collision lawyer, you need one with the right qualities and experience. The best head-on collision lawyer should have:
- Extensive knowledge of the law
- Experience in dealing with vehicle accidents
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- The ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to protecting your rights
At Munley Law, we have the experience and knowledge to help you get the justice you deserve after a head-on collision. Our accident attorneys are committed to protecting your rights and helping you get the best possible outcome. We understand the trauma and stress of a head-on collision, and we’ll work hard to make sure you get the compensation you’re entitled to.
If you’ve been in a head-on collision in Scranton, Lackawanna County, or anywhere in Pennsylvania, contact Munley Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our experienced accident lawyers are here to help you get the justice you deserve.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Head-on truck collisions are some of the most devastating and deadly motor vehicle accidents. They are often fatal crashes, and require expert legal knowledge to fully understand their complexity.
An experienced car accident lawyer – like the lawyers at Munley Law – will handle every aspect of your case after an accident. This means your lawyers will:
- Investigate at the accident scene: We have investigative teams who are ready to show up and build a case so you can get the compensation you deserve.
- Discover who is at fault for your injury: Many serious accidents involve multiple parties who can be held responsible. The more parties involved in the crash, the more complex a claim can be.
- Estimate how much your claim is worth: The initial settlement you receive from insurance companies generally does not cover all your expenses. That’s because the adjuster is trying to settle your claim for the lowest amount possible. Unfortunately, many injury victims don’t know how much their claim is truly worth and will take the first settlement offer they receive. This is a mistake.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: Insurance companies will do whatever they can to pay you as little as possible. Insurance adjusters may try to bully you or persuade you to take the first amount offered. You’ll need a strong negotiating team to help you with a settlement.
- Represent you in court: If a settlement cannot be reached, you’ll need an aggressive trial team to represent you in the courtroom. All our attorneys have experience in the courtroom and will fight on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accidents in Scranton
Q: Is Pennsylvania a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
Pennsylvania is a choice no-fault state. Drivers can choose to buy limited tort coverage or full tort coverage. With limited tort coverage, you pay cheaper premiums, but your right to recover compensation after a crash will be more limited. You’ll need an experienced car accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Q: What Types of Injuries Are Common in a Head-On Auto Accident?
A head-on collision usually causes serious injuries and is often fatal. Even when drivers and passengers survive a head-on collision, they often suffer injuries that are severe. Common injuries include:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries that can cause partial or complete paralysis
- Internal injuries, including severe injuries to organs in the abdomen and chest
- Broken bones
- Cuts, lacerations, and bruises
If you or a family member suffered any of these injuries in a head-on collision with a passenger vehicle or large truck, you may have a legal right to sue. You may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation for injuries and other damages.
Q: What Compensation Can I Receive in a Personal Injury Claim for a Head-On Collision?
Victims of head-on collisions may be able to receive compensation for some or all of the following:
- Present and Future Medical Bills. You may be able to receive compensation for past, present, and future medical expenses.
- Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity. Your injuries may have stopped you from working. You may be able to receive compensation to cover your lost wages as well as any future income that you will miss because of your injuries.
- Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy. Head-on collisions can cause all types of injuries that can result in long-term medical care, including physical therapy and rehabilitation services.
- Mental Anguish and Emotional Distress. In addition to physical injuries, traffic collisions are a traumatic experience that can result in mental anguish and emotional distress, such as depression, stress, and even loss of sleep.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Daily Activities. Severe head-on crashes may cause injured victims to lose enjoyment in their usual daily activities.
- Loss of Consortium. Loss of consortium refers to the deprivation of the benefits of parenting or married life due to the inability to show affection or love.
- Wrongful Death Damages. If your family member was killed, you may be able to get justice for your loved one and compensation for your family. This can allow you to grieve, move forward, and build a life without worrying about finances.
After fatal crashes, you may be entitled to receive some or all of the following forms of compensation:
- Payment for damage to the vehicle, or to buy another vehicle
- Payment for your and your loved one’s medical expenses
- Payment for past and future lost wages
- Compensation for emotional anguish and mental pain and suffering
- Reimbursement for funeral expenses
Our Head-On Collision Lawyer is Here to Help
If you’ve been involved in a head-on collision, contact the accident attorneys at Munley Law today for a free consultation.
Recovering from a head-on auto accident in Lackawanna County can be a traumatic experience, requiring significant physical and emotional care. If you or someone close to you has been injured in a head-on collision, it’s important to speak with an experienced attorney right away. Our team of experienced lawyers is here to help. And our law firm works on a contingency fee basis. So if we don’t recover for you, you pay us nothing.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us help you get started on the road to recovery.