Fighting for Those Who Have Suffered a Brain Injury in Wilkes-Barre
If you or a loved one has suffered from a brain injury in Wilkes-Barre, you know the devastating impact it can have on a family. Not only is the financial burden often insurmountable, but the emotional toll can also be traumatizing. The Wilkes-Barre traumatic brain injury attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys are dedicated to representing traumatic brain injury victims and their families.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Although our Wilkes-Barre personal injury lawyer can’t undo the physical and emotional harm caused by a serious brain injury, we can help ease the financial burden by fighting to get you the compensation you deserve.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when you are hit by some type external force, such as a bump, blow or jolt to the head. We see TBIs when a brain suffers from the jarring impact of a car crash, being hit by something such as a falling object, or being forcefully shaken. The brain may be left bruised, bleeding, and damaged.
TBI are caused by a physical trauma, which is defined as a serious injury to the body. The two main types of physical trauma are:
- Blunt force trauma: when an object or force strikes the body, often resulting in concussions, deep cuts, or broken bones.
- Penetrating trauma: when an object pierces the skin or body, usually creating an open wound.
TBI can dramatically affect many of the victim’s physical and mental abilities.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), TBI is a major cause of death and disability in the U.S. The CDC estimates about 1.7 million TBIs occur annually and more than 50,000 of them are ultimately fatal.
What Are the Top Causes of TBIs in Wilkes-Barre?
- Motor vehicle accidents – Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. The driver of another vehicle that hit you may have been distracted, speeding or driving in another negligent manner to cause the accident. Perhaps your vehicle, an auto part, or the roadway on which you were driving was defective in some way and this caused an accident resulting in serious injuries. The collision may have caused the victim’s head to smash into the dashboard or windshield or to be shaken in a traumatic manner.
- Medical malpractice – You or a loved one may have suffered a brain injury as the result of some type of medical malpractice in Wilkes Barre. You may have a child who suffered a tragic brain injury due to a preventable birth injury or you received a dangerous dose of anesthesia. If a doctor, hospital or healthcare provider acted negligently, causing your or a loved one’s brain injury, or failed to diagnose an aneurysm, you may have grounds for a Wilkes-Barre brain injury case.
- Slip and fall accidents – Slip and falls, trip and falls and falling objects can all lead to serious injuries resulting in various brain trauma from concussions to TBIs. According to the Mayo Clinic, falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries, particularly in older adults and children. A penetrating brain injury may occur when an object, such as a metal shard or falling debris pierces the skull.
- Workplace accidents – Exposure to toxic chemicals in the workplace, such as carbon monoxide, pesticides and other chemicals may also result in a brain injury.
- Sports Accidents – Sports accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries. The impact of a football tackle or a boxing punch, getting hit in the head with a baseball or soccer ball, or being thrown to the ice in a hockey rink can all result in a brain injury.
Do I Need a Wilkes-Barre Personal Injury Lawyer for My Brain Injury?
If you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury in Wilkes Barre due to the negligence of another, you will want the best representation to help get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Brain injury cases can be complex. Just understanding the future implications of your TBI is essential to getting you the compensation you deserve.
This means hiring an experienced Wilkes-Barre personal injury attorney at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys. Your traumatic brain injury attorney will help guide you through the process, develop a legal strategy, and prepare to negotiate a settlement or to take your case to trial.
Our personal injury attorneys are skilled in both negotiating and litigating on behalf of our injured clients. We’ve won millions in settlements and jury verdicts for those we have represented in injury claims in Wilkes-Barre and throughout the state.
How Often Do Traumatic Brain Injuries Occur?
Based on the most recent data reported by the CDC:
- There were approximately 223,135 TBI-related hospitalizations in 2019 and 64,362 TBI-related deaths in 2020.
- There are approximately 176 TBI-related deaths per day.
- People age 75 years and older had the highest numbers and rates of TBI-related hospitalizations and deaths. This age group accounts for about 32 percent of TBI-related hospitalizations and 28 percent of TBI-related deaths.
- Males were nearly two times more likely to be hospitalized (79.9 age-adjusted rate versus 43.7) and three times more likely to die from a TBI than females (28.3 versus 8.4).
- Children (birth to 17 years old) had 16,070 TBI-related hospitalizations in 2019 and 2,774 TBI-related deaths1 in 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions About Brain Injuries in Wilkes-Barre
Q. What Compensation Am I Entitled to for a Brain Injury?
A. You have the right to seek compensation for your traumatic brain injury. Depending on the facts of case, you may be eligible to seek compensation for:
- All medical bills related to the injury
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering, such as any lasting emotional pain
- Loss of quality of life if you are no longer able to participate in normal day to day activities
- Expenses for ongoing care and support, including occupational therapy and rehab
- Wrongful death. When a brain injury is fatal, a victim’s family may be able to pursue a wrongful death suit
Q. What Are The Most Common Symptoms of a Brain Injury?
A. There are many, but among the most common are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Confusion or feeling disoriented
- Difficulty communicating
- Change in personality
- Memory loss
- Loss of consciousness
- Vision problems
- Speech problems
- Emotional or behavioral problems
A head injury that may seem minor at first can sometimes have a life-changing impact when an accident results in a brain injury. A traumatic brain injury almost always results in some type of permanent brain damage. This can lead to various emotional and physical disabilities that can last a lifetime.
Q. How Much Will a Brain Injury Attorney Cost?
A. If you are a loved one is suffering the effects of a brain injury, you may be overwhelmed physically by recovery or caretaking, you may be overwhelmed by medical expenses for doctor’s visits and physical therapy and you might be scared by what your future holds.
You want to contact a Wilkes Barre traumatic brain injury lawyer for advice but you don’t have the money due to medical bills and lost wages.
Your personal injury attorneys in Wilkes Barre charge nothing upfront. We do not take a fee until we win your case.
You must contact an accident attorney to protect your rights as soon as possible after an incident causing serious brain injury. The evidence will disappear quickly if it’s not collected in time.
You will need a record of every doctor’s visit, time spent away from work, repair bills, and out-of-pocket expenses related to your accident. Our team of Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers is ready to get to work preserving this valuable evidence to strengthen your claim and get you the just compensation you deserve.
Q: Why Choose Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys as a Wilkes-Barre Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney?
A. Our law firm has been handling personal injury claims since 1959. We have received national recognition from respected legal organizations and our peers for the work we have done in personal injury and truck accident litigation.
Our Wilkes Barre personal injury lawyers have consistently been named among the Best Lawyers in America, selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, and are board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. And, we get results – our lawyers have achieved numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts.
Let us put our experience to work for you today. Your consultation is free. We charge nothing upfront.
We will help you recover the expenses associated with your injuries including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We are trial lawyers with the resources necessary to build a winning injury case and achieve maximum results.
You are entitled to justice! When you are seeking compensation for a brain injury resulting from the negligence of another, you need a Wilkes-Barre brain injury lawyer who is knowledgeable and experienced in traumatic brain injury cases.
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys is a premier Pennsylvania personal injury firm. Our personal injury attorneys have represented Wilkes-Barre accident victims in claims against negligent motorists, trucking companies, doctors and hospitals, negligent manufacturers as well as negligent property owners.
Q. What If My Brain Injury Was Caused by a Vehicle Accident?
A. If you are suffering from the damage caused by a traumatic brain injury caused by physical injuries sustained in a vehicle crash as the result of a negligent passenger vehicle or commercial vehicle, you need one of the personal injury attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys to help you recover compensation for injuries sustained in your car accident.
If your or the victim’s head crashed into a windshield or dashboard or if the skull was pierced by an object as a result of the crash, you might be entitled to just compensation for your resulting medical bills, lost wages and other losses.
You need experienced legal representation to help you navigate the personal injury laws. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys will never stop fighting to get the compensation you deserve.
Q. I Lost a Loved One to a Brain Injury. Do I Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
A. Your loved one suffered a critical traumatic brain injury as a result of a car accident in Wilkes Barre PA.
A family member fell at work, striking their head and dying as a result of their traumatic brain injuries.
You lost a child due to wrongly administered anesthesia for a routine surgery and they died from a brain injury resulting from that negligence. You might be thinking about filing a claim against the negligent party. A personal injury attorney can help.
If you suffered the loss of a family member due to an accident or an act of negligence, the wrongful death attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys can help you pursue legal action to hold the negligent party accountable. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys is a firm local to Wilkes Barre PA. We are a family firm with strong roots in NEPA for more than six decades.
Protecting the Rights of Wilkes-Barre Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
Although TBI can often be avoided, it remains one of the most disabling injuries in the U.S. A brain injury can impact nearly every aspect of your life, from your ability to walk, talk and remember to your ability to interact with your loved ones. We know Wilkes Barre personal injury law. And as your personal injury attorneys, we will never stop fighting to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Wilkes Barre PA personal injury attorneys at Munley are here to advocate for you and your family and to fight for your legal rights. If you or a loved one is suffering because of someone else’s negligence, we may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Our Wilkes-Barre PA brain injury lawyers along with our team of accident and medical experts, will study your case and look for the cause of your injury.
If it is determined that a brain injury was caused by the negligence of another, we will consult with you as to the best manner to move forward with your case. Our clients are family.
We are the Pennsylvania law firm with the experience, passion and local roots to help you recover from this life changing incident.
With our contingent fee policy, our personal injury attorneys only get paid if we win your brain injury case. Contact Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys today for a free, confidential consultation to discuss your traumatic brain injury case. We are YOUR local, Wilkes Barre PA personal injury attorneys for more than 60 years.
Wilkes-Barre Practice Areas
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702