If your child suffered a birth injury due to medical negligence, contact the Philadelphia birth injury lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys for a free consultation
As an expecting parent, you entrust medical professionals with the most important thing in the world – the health and safety of your new baby. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of babies suffer birth injuries every year. If your child suffers an injury due to medical error or negligence, we are here for you.
Philadelphia boasts some truly excellent hospitals and healthcare facilities. But, medical errors can happen anywhere. A Philadelphia birth injury lawyer at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys will fight for your family. We hold the negligent person(s) accountable, and ensure that you get appropriate compensation for your child’s past and future medical treatment, therapy, pain and suffering, and other unforeseen losses. There’s no fee for our services unless we win your case, so call (855) 866-5529, chat, or fill out our contact form today.
What is a birth injury?
A birth injury caused by medical malpractice is different from a genetic health issue or other “birth defect.” Some birth complications cannot be predicted or avoided. A birth injury, on the other hand, is preventable, and occurs as the result of negligence on the part of a doctor, nurse, mid-wife, or other medical professional responsible for your baby’s care. The “adverse event” that causes injury does not have to occur during childbirth to be considered a birth injury; it may take place before, during, or shortly after delivery. Some birth injuries can result in lifelong health conditions or paralysis.
Common birth injuries include:
- Cerebral palsy – Cerebral palsy is a type of disorder that results from brain damage, and affects the development of motor skills and muscular coordination.
- Brachial plexus injury – The brachial plexus refers to the nerves that run from the spine down the arms and hands. Brachial plexus injuries can result in paralysis or other conditions requiring surgery or special care.
- Hypoxia – Hypoxia injuries occur when the baby does not have enough oxygen at birth. This may result from failure to properly monitor the baby before and during delivery. Hypoxia can lead to other serious conditions such as cerebral palsy.
- Head trauma, skull fractures – Misuse of delivery instruments can put excessive pressure or trauma on an infant’s fragile skull and cause serious damage.
- Spinal cord injury – Improper twisting or pulling on the baby’s neck and shoulders can cause spinal cord injuries.
- Erb’s palsy – Erb’s palsy is a condition that can result from nerve damage or brachial plexus injury and may cause paralysis.
What caused your child’s birth injury?
If you believe your child’s condition was caused by a medical professional’s mistake, we can help you. A Philadelphia birth injury lawyer will listen to your story and review the medical records with a medical expert to identify the cause of your child’s injury. Some examples of negligence that can result in a birth injury include:
- Oxygen deprivation at birth
- Failure to diagnose an infection, fetal distress, or other condition or risk factor prior to delivery
- Misuse of forceps during delivery
- Failure to perform a timely C-section
- Medication/prescription errors
A mistake like these can have serious and even lifelong consequences for you and your child. An experienced Philadelphia birth injury lawyer at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys will review the details of your situation for free and help you determine what to do next.
If your child suffered a birth injury, we can help
A birth injury can be emotionally devastating. Your new baby may need surgery, long-term treatment, or lifelong medical care. The Philadelphia birth injury lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys can help you get the financial compensation owed to you by the negligent person(s) responsible for your child’s injury. Damages may include: past and future medical bills, physical therapy, pain and suffering, and other losses.
We know what an overwhelming time this is for you and your child. At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we are a family firm, and we take care of our clients as if they were one of our own. Throughout your case, we will do everything in our power to take the burden off of you so that you can focus on caring for your new baby. Consider us your resource for anything you might need during this time.
We never collect a fee for our services unless we win your case, and the initial consultation is absolutely free. Call, chat live, or fill out our contact form today.
Philadelphia Practice Areas
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys
1617 John F Kennedy Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19103